Can you picture Jessie from Saved by the Bell saying that? I don't know what it is about that show, but I can still recite almost every episode by heart - kinda strange. Anyway, that's how I'm feeling these days - there's no time. JJ has been coming home on Friday nights which is great, and staying till Tuesday morning. Every week I come up with things I want to get done over the weekend while he's home - and every week things get moved to the next weekend because we don't get to them. Take this weekend for example. I should start out by saying I get up super early, and JJ likes to sleep in. It's his weekend too, and even though my mind is racing with all this stuff for us to do, I feel like he should get to sleep in. So if he's not up by 10:30, I wake him up. But it's not that easy. It takes him a while to get up and around, so normally he's not ready to start doing anything until noon. Noon! That's like half the day wasted, right?
So that's what happened this past Saturday; I woke him up at 10:30. We decided to go buy flowers to plant since the weather was finally nice enough. I even made a comment as we were driving to the nursery that it was nice just to go run some errands and not be rushing around. We made a few other stops along the way, and then got home and started planting. It took us longer than we thought, but we got them all planted and they look great. Then he got a headache which took him out of commission for a while and I fell asleep on the couch. I woke up to the weather report and they were calling for a tornado heading our way and then the sirens started so JJ made us go to the basement. Of course we have Dish Network and our cable went out right as the weather was approaching us and the internet was spotty in the basement, but we ended up being fine. One did hit about 20 miles southwest of us and then another horrible tornado hit a town in southwest Missouri last night which was devastating. We have had some pretty severe weather in the Midwest this weekend.
The flowers are basically all we got done on Saturday. I still wanted to clean the garage, clean the cushions on the glider, and prep the walls in the nursery so I could start painting this week. That doesn't sound like much for a Sunday, but when you add in the fact that I had to work for a few hours and JJ had to run his normal errands that he does on Monday on Sunday, that didn't leave much time. I woke him up at 9:30 this day thinking that would help, which it did, but not enough. JJ was able to get the cushions cleaned as I searched for quick signage we could get for the restaurant for the upcoming holiday weekend. Then he had to go buy all the food for the week and I had some extra time so I went and got everything for the signs. I had to be at work from about 2:30 - 5:00 and we just thought surely JJ would beat me home and get started on things. No...I beat him home. So then we had to unload all the food which took quite a while, and then started on the garage. We managed to get most of it cleaned and I put the signs together. Just when I thought we were either ready to call it a night or start working on the nursery, I heard the weed eater. He was starting to mow. I know it needed to be done, but with all the hard rain the night before, I figured we were just gonna let it go and I'd do it later in the week or something. So I put my tennis shoes back on and went out and mowed. Right at the time we finished, JJ had a group meeting for school and had to finish homework. Then we went back outside to finish putting away the last few things in the garage and get him somewhat organized to leave the next morning and this was already 10:30 at night.
The nursery didn't get touched...again. I feel like we are running out of time. I don't like that a simple task of painting the nursery has taken us nearly 2 months because JJ isn't home. I take for granted all the things we got done before after I would get home from work every night. There was just always so much time. I know it will get done, but then there will be something else that doesn't get done. I guess I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I want JJ, and myself too, to enjoy our weekends together and not have them crammed full of chores around the house, but I don't see that changing anytime soon. This weekend though he is going to try and come home a day earlier and I have a long weekend so I'm really hoping and crossing my fingers that we will get things accomplished!
That would be so hard! Have some of your friends come over and help you paint :)
ReplyDeleteBusy busy... I think it's important for you to get the nursery stuff completed so you aren't stressing about baby stuff. I agree with Bridget - can one of your friends help u paint to just get it done?
ReplyDeleteYou're just in your nesting phase, which is a super strong urge don't get me wrong, but that is making you feel like you are running out of time. I was the same way. And I felt conflicted because I felt like I always had lots for us to do, but felt like we should still be having fun....long story short is it is hard. It is hard to get everything you want to get done done. But it will all come together. I would take help from wherever you can get it as the other ladies suggest. Wish I lived closer I would totally be painting your nursery for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies. Natalie, I didn't realize the nesting stage happened so early?! And I'm such a control freak I think I'd be afraid my friends would "mess it up" even though I know it's not difficult to paint. I think the painting itself will go quickly - it's the filling in holes and taping that I really need JJ's help with. I'm not so good at the taping part. We'll get there. One day at at time. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a super busy weekend! I sometimes feel like that too, that the nursery will never get done even though I know I still have lots of time and will get it done. I honestly think we are both just nesting and I'm not sure there are timelines of when that is supposed to kick in, but I'm convinced I am!
ReplyDeleteHopefully you will get some time off soon to just spend a few days together to be able to jump in and just do baby stuff!
Oh, and I'm glad you guys weren't affected by the tornadoes! :-)