Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 26 Weeks
Size of baby: Chloe (ah, music to my ears) is about the size of an English hothouse cucumber (what??); 14 inches long; a pound and two-thirds
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 9 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: I wore all regular clothes last week. Me and maternity clothes are not getting along these days. My boss gave me a ton of maternity clothes she wore, and I think I mentioned before we are the same build. So with the cooler weather here this weekend I went to put on a pair of jeans and showed JJ how poofy they are in the hips, butt area. He was brushing his teeth and I thought he was going to spit out his toothpaste when he saw me he was laughing so hard. I seriously need to find a good pair of jeans that FIT and also some shorts to wear once the weather decides to finally stay warm. Any suggestions on places to find cute, (cheap) maternity clothes?
Gender: GIRL!!!!!!
Movement: Yep, it’s a regular occurrence. The movements are more fluid now – my belly did the wave the other day. They aren’t so much the popcorn kicks as they are multiple movements at a time. Every once in a while my stomach will twitch quickly for a few seconds which kind of worries me a little bit – what is she doing in there? And over the weekend I was laying on the couch and my stomach got hard so I pulled up my shirt and had two noticeable bumps. One had to have been her head and the other her butt. It was pretty cool to see.
Sleep: I’ve been doing a little better with sleeping, though I’ve been more tired this week. As long as I have a pillow under my belly I’m more comfortable, and I just have to remember to roll over or reposition slowly.
What I miss: Being able to get up and down quickly. I didn’t realize how much pregnancy slows you down, especially early on.
Cravings: No big cravings this week.
Symptoms: Symptoms were pretty in check this week. Nothing to write home about.
Best Moment this week: Getting to hear Chloe’s heartbeat. We had a doctor’s appointment today – the last one of our monthly appointments! Everything sounded good, I got the paperwork for the hospital, and got the dreaded “drink” for next time. I also got the name of someone to do our 3D ultrasound so I’m excited to schedule that.


You look great!!
ReplyDeleteI've been having crazy issues with maternity clothes too- I've gotten to the point where I'm not comfortable in anything but dresses!
what a cute belly!! Glad everything is going so well!!
ReplyDeleteTry Gap Maternity!
ReplyDeleteChloe - love that name! The movement sounds so very cool - I can't wait! You look fabulous!
ReplyDeleteAhh I can't believe how tiny you are! Jeans can be a huge pain to find. I bit the bullet early on and bought an expensive pair... that I live in and love, they are by j brand in case you decide to spulge but i have heard that some of the gap maternity jeans fit well as well.
ReplyDeleteCan't believe it is already time to move to two appointments a month! That makes the time fly.
ReplyDeleteI've heard Gap Maternity is really good.
ReplyDeleteI'm laughing right now because when I first read your comment "my belly did the wave the other day" I read "my butt did the wave.."!! I was so confused at first! LOL
I got one pair of jeans from the Motherhood store, and recently discovered that Sears has a decent selection - and runs actual sales (not "$3 off sales" like the Motherhood store).
ReplyDeleteOld Navy had some cute stuff, too. Quite a few shorts to choose from.
You're lookin' great! :)