How Far Along: 24 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby J is about the size of an ear of corn; almost 12 inches long; just over a pound
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 6 lbs. (I’m sure more, but won’t know until my next doctor’s appointment)
Maternity Clothes: I wore maternity pants one day, but every other day I wore my regular clothes. I’m starting to get frustrated when I go to get dressed in the morning. I know I’m getting bigger, but I haven’t connected that with the fact that I can’t just go pull out any shirt or any pair of pants from my closet and they fit like they used to. My closet is full of clothes, but I have to be a lot more selective now and I don’t like it. My boss actually gave me a lot of maternity clothes and we are the same build so I do have some new clothes to choose from, it’s just weird that my clothes that have fit for years and years no longer look good.
Gender: GIRL!!!!!!
Movement: Yep, it’s a regular occurrence now. There have been a few times it’s been pretty strong and surprised me.
Sleep: I’ve been doing a little better with sleeping. As long as I have a pillow under my belly I’m more comfortable, and I just have to remember to roll over or reposition slowly.
What I miss: Nothing really.
Cravings: No big cravings this week.
Symptoms: Just the rash at this point. I went to the dermatologist last week and she said I have nummular eczema. It’s fairly common in pregnancy and most likely I will continue to get new spots until after Baby J is here. She told me to use an over the counter lotion rather than a steroid cream. Since I’m not itchy, she said that was the best way to treat it. Oh, and this isn’t really a symptom, just something that has surprised me – I feel like my belly button is going to pop out any day now!! It is so shallow, pretty much flat already – so weird! I’m also noticing I’m a bit more emotional these days. I’m not a crier and didn’t expect to get emotional during pregnancy, but that video of the dog I posted last week got me, and on my way into work this morning, hearing everyone talk about Osama really got me teary and proud to live in this country. One other little random thought I'll post under symptoms is that I forget my belly is bigger - like I'll think I can squeeze through a tight space or something, or come around the counter and I knock my belly. Just another reminder that Baby J is there! These symptoms are all over the place this week.
Best Moment this week: Finishing the first piece of furniture for Baby J’s room! I promise to post pictures in the next day or two.
Here are a few pics of my rash - if you get anything that looks like this, now you know what it is! And if you look close, you can see a spot on my side too. And I know what you're thinking - I asked the dermatologist and she said it is not a stretch mark. Whew!


I keep doing the same thing! My husband thinks it's pretty funny that I'll think I can make it through a tight space, or cut a corner too close and end up banging my belly or getting stuck!
ReplyDeleteYou look great :)
You look great!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's so true about the turning slowly at night!!!!
Lol, I can just see u trying to squeeze thru a narrow space. :) belly is lookin good!
ReplyDeleteSo bizarre about the rash, but I'm glad you got it checked out! And you're looking great - fabulous belly!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that rash isn't itchy! That would be horrible. Love the updates.
ReplyDelete