Monday, May 23, 2011

27 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 27 Weeks

Size of baby: Chloe is the size of a head of cauliflower; 14 1/2 inches long; almost 2 pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss:
9 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: I wore maternity pants a few times last week.  I also wore a maternity dress today and felt like I was wearing a tent!  I think I just need to suck up the fact that I'm not going to feel cute for the next few months in most clothes. 

Gender: GIRL!!!!!!

Movement: The movements are getting significantly stronger.  I have noticed a routine with her and think she will be a night owl - such a daddy's girl already.  She is really active as soon as I get home from work and sit down on the couch, so I find myself watching my stomach move more than I watch TV.

Sleep: I’ve been doing a little better with sleeping.   As long as I have a pillow under my belly I’m more comfortable, and I just have to remember to roll over or reposition slowly.

What I miss: Nothing

Cravings:
Oh man, JJ might have just introduced me to my new best friend.  After we bought flowers on Saturday we went by Quik Trip for drinks.  They now have a Watermelon Jolly Rancher slushie and it tastes JUST like the candy!  So good!

Symptoms: I'm noticing my feet are cramping more.  Even in my weekly email today it mentioned more leg cramps, so I wonder if it's one of the same.  My legs haven't cramped though, just my feet. I've also noticed my belly button kind of hurts, like it's sunburned or something.  I know that's not the case because this belly hasn't seen sun for far too long - but I will be sure and put sunscreen on my belly button when I do finally get to lay out.

Best Moment this week:
We scheduled our 3D ultrasound and maternity pictures!

Just a side note: It's weird to me that complete strangers will come up to me and ask about my pregnancy.  It's just another reality check of yes, this is really happening.  And I'm also surprised at the gall some people have as well.  I don't feel like I look that big in certain clothes, and it takes me a little off guard when people start talking about it - I so want to be like, what are you talking about; I'm not pregnant!  Ha!  And the staring!  I feel like people look at my stomach before they look at my face.  It's such a weird thing.


8 comments:

  1. I think I have a night owl too haha At how many weeks are you getting your maternity pictures done? I am debating...I want to look like I am ready to pop, but not so big that I am too swollen and feel bad about myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much all babies are active at night because when you walk around during the day you are rocking them to sleep. Be warned - it takes them awhile to get their days and nights figured out once they are born too. Not so fun! You look great. It's amazing how the attention stops suddenly once you aren't pregnant anymore. I remember telling Josh, "No one is looking at me anymore!" when we'd be out and about. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here! Seems that whenever I settle down on the couch or in bed at night the babies go crazy!
    Often want to pull the whole "What are you talking about? I'm not pregnant" thing when people comment on my belly just for the fun of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute baby bump!! Glad everything is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great!! It's definitely weird to notice people staring at the belly, isn't it? Hard to get used to, but I am loving that part.

    The clothes. sigh. I've found some really cute things, but my ass is growing proportionally to my stomach, so no matter how "cute" something is, seeing myself so big is WEIRD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah probably by the time you really get used to the idea that you really are pregnant, Chloe will be here and then you'll have to get used to the idea that you are not pregnant anymore :). Cute belly as per usual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have vowed to never wear maternity dresses for the fear of the test factor. But that's just me... I'm sure there are lots of more form-fitting maternity dresses that might be more flattering. And my vow certainly may change when it gets a little hotter this summer... You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Reading your recaps is like reading about my own pregnancy. So cool! It's reassuring to know that someone out there is having the same experiences and feelings about this whole thing as I am- your frustrations with getting dressed in the morning, baby movements, leg cramps, sleeping woes, fruit flavored cravings... You, however, are much further along with the nursery than I am. Ours is still a guest room. I'm a teacher and plan on tackling a ton of nursery projects just as soon as school lets out. Assuming I still have the energy for all the furniture makeovers on my list.

    ReplyDelete