Tuesday, February 22, 2011

ICLW

Welcome ICLW’ers!  I’ve been slacking when it comes to our monthly get-togethers, but this month I am ready to go.  One of the reasons I’ve been slacking is because at the end of December we found out we are expecting our first baby later this summer!  After nearly 18 months of TTC, Clomid cycles, Femara +IUI, cycles, and then acupuncture, we were able to get pregnant during a cycle when we least expected it.  You can see my full history in the side bar, but the short version is after 2 IUI cycles we took a break in October, then again in November.  I was still on Femara, just not doing IUIs.  Then I was referred to a chiropractor who really pushed this nutrition program that ran a few thousand dollars.  After turning to my blog and all you lovely ladies, you recommended I try acupuncture.  Well, you ladies rock – because it worked!  After my very first treatment I got pregnant.  I know that is pretty unusual, and it was probably a combination of us BD’ing at the right time, still being on Femara, etc, but I have to believe the acupuncture did the trick.  So I’ve said it before here, and I’ll say it again for those of you who are stopping by for the first time – if you haven’t tried acupuncture, I definitely recommend it.  It may not be a quick fix; my doctor wanted to treat me for three unmedicated cycles which who knows how long they could have been, but in the long run it will at least get your body in a better place even if you aren’t able to get pregnant while going through acupuncture treatments. 

I waited quite a while to announce our news on my blog; finally got the word out there two weeks ago once I hit the 12 week mark.  I’m excited to be in this stage now, but I feel like I don’t fit in.  I will always be an IF’er and know the struggles we all face.  I will continue to follow those who are still on the TTC journey and be inspired by those who achieve pregnancy and ultimately bring home a healthy baby.  We are going day by day and are excited for the next milestone which will be finding out the baby’s gender in ‘hopefully’ 4 weeks!  I added a poll on the top right of my blog for those of you who want to take a guess at what we’ll be having.  I don’t have any strong feelings one way or the other, so I’m interested to see what you all think.  Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to finding some new blogs this week!

5 comments:

  1. Crazy to think that after such a long battle you are finally expecting. It is super exciting and I know everyone is inspired by how optimistic you stayed throughout the IF struggle. Can't wait to find out what you're expecting. I am a terrible guesser so I might flip a coin before voting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such exciting news after such a hard journey! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm looking forward to following your journey.

    Every week is a milestone and a lot of what you're feeling, I'm feeling too.

    Here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy to both of us. I'm just a couple days behind you. :)

    ♥ T

    ICLW #82

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog, that's awesome you were able to get pregnant after acupuncture! I also tried this in the past and really found it incredibly relaxing, unfortunately we were dealing with MFI that could't be helped with acupuncture alone. Hoping the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly! Happy ICLW:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo. My first ICLW and I read exciting news. So happy to read about your success. I wish you an enjoyable pregnancy and happy healthy baby!
    Holly ICLW #110

    ReplyDelete