Tuesday, February 22, 2011

14 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:


How Far Along: 14 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby J is about the size of a lemon; 3 1/2 inches long

Total Weight Gain/Loss: After going to the doctor yesterday and getting a quick peek at the scale, I think I’m up a pound and a half

Maternity Clothes: I did buy a few maternity tops on sale this week, but I realized just how hard it’s going to be for me to find maternity clothes that fit, mainly pants. For now, I’m still in my own clothes though, sometimes with my pants unbuttoned.

Gender: Doctor said we should be able to find out in 4 weeks!

Movement: Not feeling any movement yet

Sleep: The nausea came back pretty strong for a few days. Still having trouble staying asleep throughout the night, and getting sleepy early in the evenings. Still haven’t had to get up during the night to go to the bathroom at all – is that weird?

What I miss: Nothing – maybe just having more energy and motivation to get things done. I’ve been craving Subway sandwiches when I see their commercials and I wish I could have one.

Cravings: Whatever sounds good at the moment. Peanut butter and banana sandwiches, Mike and Ike’s, deli sandwiches.

Symptoms: Still feeling nauseous throughout the day. Sleepy. Also having strange dreams every night. Maybe that’s why I can’t stay asleep.

Best Moment this week: Getting to hear the baby’s heartbeat again yesterday, and finding out that we should know the gender at our next appointment!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on 14 weeks! Soak it up! It goes SO fast! I craved deli sandwiches, too...but my doctor said no lunch meat. :( I could eat Subway every day! The strange dreams will continue throughout your pregnancy and believe me..they get weird!!!!Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been eating subway quite a bit this pregnancy. My doc said that Subway is safer than your deli counter at the grocery store because they go through product so fast... it's not like meat is just sitting there open for a week. That being said, I didn't tell you that. :) You have to make your own decisions and I'd hate to be the one to tell you it's okay and the for you to end up with an infection!

    Yay for 14 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for 14 weeks! Maternity clothes are definitely a challenge! I can't wait to find out the gender as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your maternity pants finding pain. I survived thus far with only four pairs of maternity pants and two pairs of pre-pregnancy pants that I am able to keep up with the magic of rubberbands and safety pins. It has been quite a feat of engineering. Basically I have to do laundry a lot though and just resign myself to the idea that my wardrobe is less varied, but it is only for 9 months then I'll have my selection back! So exciting that you're 14 weeks. Although the nausea makes me think it is a girl and when I did my coin flip it said boy. I am torn on which way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so happy for you! Love the stats.

    ReplyDelete